Best Granola Ever Recipe
This family favourite is brings delicious nourishment into our breakfasts, the KEY meal in Late Summer.
This is when our stomach acid is strongest so we digest the most nutrients from our food. When we eat well at breakfast (Qi), this in turns brings good mental focus (Yi).
Try eating a good breakfast for 10 days and feel the difference! Imagine having a clear mind, sharp focus in the morning, good digestion, satisfied till lunchtime. Share in the comments below 😀
Want to try? Let’s get down to the good stuff!
Preheat oven 350°f / gas mark 4
- 4 cups old fashioned oats,
- 1-2 cups Seeds & chopped nuts (I’ve used 1 cup of pumpkin seeds, 1 cup of Cashew nuts and a handful of flaked almonds)
- 1 cup of plain puffed wheat (magic secret ingredients of much tastiness!)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea/rock/pink salt
TO ADD LATER – read recipe for when!
- Optional handful of desiccated coconut 1 cup of dry fruit (I used cranberries and raisins)
Melt in a pan
- 1/2 cup of coconut/cold pressed olive or rapeseed oil (I use coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup/honey
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
Mix WET into DRY ingredients thoroughly in large bowl
Line baking tray with edges with greaseproof paper. Flatten mixture onto tray.
Bake for 20-25 minutes
Stir half way and add optional handful of desiccated coconut
When done, take from oven, stir in 1 cup of dry fruit
Allow to thoroughly cool. Store in airtight container.